WE’RE DEDICATED TO KEEPING YOU SAFE
At West Acres, it’s our mission to provide a safe and enjoyable customer experience to all who visit our mall. We’ve provided the following information to inform the public of basic rules we hope to see followed and to empower guests in the event of an incident.
For information regarding the safety procedures and protocols we are implementing to keep our visitors, staff, and community safe during COVID-19, please click here.
Mall Security can be reached at (701) 282-2228. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any concerns, questions or issues you may have while visiting the mall. If you’d like an escort to your vehicle, please call Mall Security or visit Guest Services and we’ll provide assistance.
Suggested Safety Tips for Shopping
West Acres is a safe and secure place to shop and play. But there are ways you can be proactive in protecting yourself from potential hazards. Follow these safety tips whenever you visit West Acres:
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- If you notice anything suspicious, report it to Mall Security.
- Never hesitate to ask for assistance.
- Make note of your parking location.
- Remember to lock your car.
- Upon returning to your car, always have your keys in hand.
- Check your car from a distance to make sure no one is loitering near it.
- Always lock your doors as soon as you enter your vehicle.
- If you’re shopping with family or friends, prearrange a place and a time to meet.
- Never leave children unattended. If your child wanders away, please contact Mall Security for assistance.
- Teach your children their full name, as well as yours.
- Carry a current photo of your child with you.
- Don’t leave packages or other personal property unattended.
- Package and coat check are available at Guest Services.
- Guard your handbag, wallet and credit cards. Don’t flash your cash at others.
Please note that West Acres conducts monthly lockdown drills on the first Wednesday of every month. The drills will take place five minutes after mall opening and five minutes before mall closing.
Code of Conduct
In order to help ensure a pleasant shopping environment, we ask all visitors to refrain from certain behaviors.
This list is not all-inclusive and may be modified at any time by the management of this mall. Violation of this code of conduct may result in expulsion from this property, in addition to any other legal remedies that mall management may choose to exercise.
West Acres is private property and no rights shall accrue to the public by virtue of the public’s entry into this mall or on mall property. This Behavioral Code of Conduct is not intended to deprive any person of their applicable civil rights or liberties under the law. If you feel your rights are being violated, please notify the mall management office.
- Using obscene language, obscene gestures or racial, religious, ethnic or other slurs.
- Violence, threats of violence, fighting, physical abuse, physically or verbally threatening any person or hostility of any kind.
- Annoying others through noisy or boisterous activities, unnecessary staring or following someone through the mall and parking lot.
- Sexually explicit language or conduct.
- Yelling, screaming, singing or playing musical instruments without prior permission, radios or other sound-generating equipment or otherwise communicating in a manner which creates noises of sufficient volume to impinge on the hearing or peace of other mall patrons.
- Standing or stopping in such a manner as to impede the flow of pedestrian traffic. Improper use of escalators, elevators or stairs.
- Running, wrestling, horseplay, skating, skateboarding, rollerblading, riding a scooter or otherwise being disruptive or creating a disturbance, obstructing or interfering with the free flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic or with patrons’ views of doorways, windows or other merchant or mall displays.
- Bicycles must be used in accordance with bicycle and vehicle safety rules and may not be brought indoors.
- Assembling, demonstrating, parading, picketing, marching, walking abreast in groups and/or loitering for the purpose of disturbing the peace or any unlawful purpose, disrupting the shopping enjoyment of customers or disrupting the intended business use of the mall.
- Any form of solicitation, sales of products or services or distributing handbills, leaflets, commercial advertising or promotional materials of any kind or offering samples of items which are sold, available for sale or available in exchange for a donation or contribution without prior written permission of mall management.
- Engaging in any act, activity or behavior which by its nature is illegal and/or in violation of any statute, law, rule or ordinance.
- Displaying, including on an electronic device, or wearing any item which depicts sexually explicit activity, illegal activity or obscene or offensive language; wearing clothing that is likely to create a disturbance or embroil others in open conflict.
- Failing to wear shoes and a shirt.
- Creating litter by discarding paper, glass or other matter of any kind anywhere except in a trash receptacle.
- Defacing, damaging, destroying or removing any real or personal property constituting part of or located in or on the mall property.
- Overnight parking, parking in non-designated parking areas, fire lanes or other no-parking areas, erratic or careless driving, exceeding the posted speed limit or use of a vehicle in a manner inconsistent with shopping center traffic markings or signage. Parking violators may be subject to towing at the vehicle owner’s expense.
- Bringing animals on mall property, with the exception of service animals in the company of persons trained to assist patrons or animals going to and from pet store or animals involved in mall-sponsored events. (Customers bringing animals to and from the pet store must use the Roger Maris entrance located on the southeast side of the mall.)
- Sitting anywhere or on anything other than chairs or benches designed for such purposes that are located in designated areas of the mall or any improper use of mall amenities.
- Carrying or displaying weapons of any kind except those carried by certified law enforcement officers in the performance of their duties.
- Carrying or displaying law enforcement-type badges or clothing with the exception of person(s) being on-duty law enforcement officers or without prior consent from West Acres staff.
- Being intoxicated and/or possessing or being under the influence of illegal drugs.
- Possessing any open container of alcohol or consuming alcohol anywhere except in businesses licensed to sell alcoholic beverages.
- Selling or providing alcohol or tobacco products to underage persons; purchasing of alcohol or tobacco products by underage persons.
- Photographing other people without their consent.
- Smoking inside or in non-designated outdoor smoking areas.