As a Visual Support Captain, you will support Macy’s initiatives through creative merchandise presentations, seasonal fashion trend statements, three-dimensional visual presentations, promotional events, corporate shop concepts and prototypes. The Visual Support Captain creates compelling visual presentations, using placement and composition of mannequins and visual displays to convey current trends and seasonal campaign messages.
- Greet and welcome all customers while on the selling floor.
- Help build a proactive and solution-oriented customer-centric culture by leading a compelling visual presentation in the store
- Ensure presence of Fashion Leadership through thoughtful understanding of trend messaging, seasonal fashion trend statements
- Update and maintain mannequin and visual presentations that upholds the Macy’s brand
- Create three-dimensional visual merchandising displays
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation, merchandise placement of key items, merchandising standards, proper fixture utilization and merchandising techniques
- Collaborate with, teach and support merchandising teams in their workload completion
- Work with all levels of store partners and in alignment with the Regional Visual and Divisional TIPS leaders
- Maintain high customer readiness standards; deliver a clean, neat and easy to shop store environment through maintaining accessibility standards
· Assist people leader with managing workload and/or projects as requested
· Provide feedback and contribute observations via PL
· Meet with People Leader daily to discuss business trends and align on focus for the day
· Perform all applicable sales and/or support duties in addition to the above
- Manager customer service issues to completion as needed
- Lead store activities to ensure customer readiness and exceptional presentation standards. Alert Sales and Customer Experience Manager or Operations and Visual Merchandising Manager of any opportunities that are not aligned with this goal
- Have practical knowledge of store systems ? POS, MPOS, RF equipment, MyClient, MyStore App ? and ability to educate others.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School or GED preferred
- 1-2 years experience
- Visual Merchandising and Display Experience in the retail industry
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Current knowledge of Ready-to-wear, Men’s and Home fashions
- Art, design or creative background
- Talent for selling floor creative merchandising
- Ability to create three-dimensional visual merchandising displays
- Strong organizational, planning, prioritizing, interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work with all levels of store partners.
Apply online through www.macysjobs.com