SALES ASSOCIATE – Part-Time
We are looking for part-time sales associates who are enthusiastic, energetic, friendly, and hard-working!
The Sales Associate is responsible for providing exemplary selling and customer service that is designed to improve the productivity and profitability of the store. The Sales Associate provides the customer with product recommendations and solutions by working proactively with them and serves as a role model of best practice retail execution. The Sales Associate’s overall focus is on sales, service, and relationship-building at all times.
Additionally, inventory management procedures, conducting product sets, stocking product, housekeeping and assisting with stockroom duties are accomplished as identified or assigned. The Sales Associate also works closely with the corporate store team and reports directly to the Store Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and maintaining a warm, inviting, easy-to-navigate shopping environment.
- Building and sharing expertise on products, promotions, services, and brand rewards programs – relevant and customized to the unique and wide range of shopper needs, relationships, and occasions.
- Helping and affirming customers in finding the perfect card and gift solutions to fulfill their missions of caring and connecting.
- Sharing and showcasing stories and communities of caring to reinforce the cycle of kindness.
- Making the interaction easy and convenient for shoppers by effectively handling store operations – product replenishment & merchandising, ringing sales, processing shipments, managing inventory, fulfilling Hallmark.com orders, doing curbside deliveries, etc.
- Delivering an exceptional consumer shopping experience that leaves guests feeling inspired, enabled, affirmed, and eager to return.
- Working as a team to help meet the sales goals for the store by ensuring each customer leaves with everything they needed and a few things they didn’t know they needed!
- Upholds all company policies and practices.
- Performs all housekeeping of store including backroom, front of store, bathroom, etc.
- Performs/completes other duties or special projects as assigned
Requirements:REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (required for candidates to be considered)
- If under 18, must have ability to meet work permit requirements, if applicable.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business, including but not limited to events, holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to provide proof of eligibility to work legally in the United States
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One or more years of previous experience in (specialty) retail, sales, or customer service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Strong customer-focused engagement and consultative selling skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees. Strong sense of urgency, flexibility and willingness to adapt to change.
- Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate. Proficiency and comfort using a computer and other technology.
- Desire and ability to learn the business.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to continuously to stand/walk, push/pull, lift/carry up to 10 pounds, utilize fine finger movement (i.e. keyboard operating, writing, etc.) and tactile/touch to assist with products/customers/registers/equipment/etc., and grasping/gripping/holding with hands and/or fingers.
- Must be able to frequently bend at the waist, climb/work at heights (i.e. step ladders, ladders, etc.), kneel and squat, lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds, and reach overhead with arms raised above shoulder height/forward reaching.
- Must be able to occasionally balance on uneven surfaces/ground, lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to rarely/infrequently drive or travel, lift and/or carry up to 75 pounds, or sit/remain in a seated position during job performance.
- Must be able to continuously communicate with customers, co-workers, vendors, either in-person or over the phone, including speaking, hearing, and sight in order to assist customers.
- While working, this position may be exposed to dust, cleaning agents, truck exhaust when receiving deliveries, inadequate lighting at close of business, tolerance of noise from products and customers, tolerance of smells/scents of products (i.e. candles, potpourri, lotions, etc.), work outside (i.e. taking out trash, assisting with deliveries, etc.), and work at heights in the stockroom or on the product floor.
This is a regular, part-time, hourly position that is deemed “non-exempt” by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and will typically work between 6-20 hours per week, not to exceed an average of 28 hours per week.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS & DISCLAIMERS
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties of an employee, so classified.
Employees must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
LGA Retail, Inc. (d.b.a. Little Green Apple) does not discriminate in its employment, or any other programs or activities, on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, economic status, age, marital status, sexual orientation or disability. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with a disability, if requested.