3 Halloween Makeup Looks for Your Best Costume Ever
The experts at Sephora taught us how to create 3 different Halloween makeup looks! Take a peek at the spooky, sweet, and wild looks…
After we discovered last year how much Halloween makeup can transform a costume, we decided we’ll never go another Halloween without it. Even just a little glitter or eyeliner can dress up your look to costume-contest-ready in no time!
We sat down with Raven this year, a makeup and skincare expert at Sephora, to learn how to create 3 different looks: a cheetah, an ice princess, and a glam skull.
See the looks, the products used, and Raven’s tips for applying the makeup yourself.
Psst.. Still haven’t decided what you’re wearing? Check out these easy DIY costumes you can create from items already in your closet!
Look 1: Cheetah-Licious
This cheetah-licious look is super simple to replicate at home, plus all it needs is a pair of ears to turn it into a costume!
- Start the whole look off with a great foundation and a little bit of contouring. Don’t forget eye shadow and lip color!
- Don’t be afraid of the cheetah spots – using black liquid eyeliner can be intimidating at first, but just remember, it doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Sephora Collection Lip Stories Lipstick: Shade 10 ($8)
- Sephora Collection Single Eyeshadow: Sand dunes ($8)
- Sephora Collection Contour Palette ($28)
- Sephora Collection Liquid Blade Liner ($14)
Look 2: Ice Princess
This ice princess look is seriously stunning, plus super easy to create as long as you have the right products. Our favorite part is how easily this look could be adapted for other shimmery costumes, like a mermaid or unicorn.
- Step number one is to apply foundation, then generously apply loose setting powder below your eyes. This is done to protect the foundation below your eyes from getting dusted with blue glittery eye shadow falling off your eyes during application. Once you’re finished applying eye shadow, simply brush the excess setting powder away from your cheeks with a fluffy brush.
- Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Diamond Bomb All-Over Diamond Veil ($34)
- Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb: Dimaond Milk ($18)
- Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Killawatt Highlighter ($34)
- Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Frosted Metal Lipstick Set: Snow Nights – No Chill ($36 for set)
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Glam Glitter Gel Eyeliner: All That ($25)
Look 3: Glam Skull
Whether you cover your whole face or do an eerie “skin-peeling-back” look like we did, this glam skull look can be modified in tons of different ways. To keep it simple, stick with black and white, or to be a little bolder, give a “sugar skull” look a try!
- The foundation used in this look and the creamy eye shadow are both pretty sticky, so erase any uncomfortable stickiness by covering the whole look in setting powder. It will make the look last longer, not smudge, and be way more comfortable to wear all night long.
- Sephora Collection Single Shadows: Black Lace ($8)
- Sephora Collection Single Shadows: Let it Snow ($8)
- Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow and Eyeliners: Black ($14)
- Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow and Eyeliners: Let it Snow ($14)
- Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow and Eyeliners: Silver Glitter ($14)
- Sephora Collection Liquid Liner in Little Black Dress ($14)
No matter the Halloween look you’re going for this year, Sephora has you covered. They have a wide array of products, expert advice on how to use them, and talented makeup artists ready to help you conquer any makeup look. Call to schedule an appointment for a full-face Halloween makeover, or stop by their store in JCPenney for a “mini makeover” and tips on how to achieve the rest of your look.
Looking for a place to come show off your new makeup look? Grab the kiddos and come join us on Halloween, as we host our BOOtiful Night: Trick or Treating Event and Spoooooky Story Squad: Kid’s Story Time with United Way events!