West Acres by the Numbers: Fun Facts You Maybe Didn’t Know
There’s a lot that goes into making us who we are, so we broke it down into some of our favorite fun facts about the mall!
From our nearly 1 million square foot building, to the amount of our stores with local ownership, there are some fun numbers behind the facts that have created who we are today. Take a fun glimpse into West Acres by the numbers…
- Our building opened in August 2, 1972 – which means we’re turning 45 this year!
- About 18 acres under one roof – we have a roughly 1 million square foot building.
- 311 trees on the entire property.
- Approximately 5,500 parking spots.
- 750 chairs are put up and down in the food court daily. Some employees have flipped over 1 million chairs.
- We have 55 toilets. 20 mens, 23 women’s, and 6 adult sized and 6 kid sized in the family rooms.
- 3,744 miles of toilet paper used each year.
- Over 30 miles of parking lot striping (not including extended property)
The Experience & Culture
- 195 regional art pieces typically on display through our Regional Showcase program.
- Around 100 live performances by local groups each year.
- The longevity of our longest standing stores is 45 years – since we opened!
- 28 in-line stores and 11 carts & kiosks are currently locally owned. (That’s over 1/3 of our stores!)
- 35 customer’s purchases paid for by West Acres during our Share the Joy campaign last year
- 56% percent of West Acres employees gave to the United Way last year.
- 284 organizations received direct financial support from West Acres through our West Acres Cares program last year.
- $5,900, on average, is thrown into the fountain each year – all donated to charity.
- The total amount of donations given to charitable donations from West Acres in 2016 was $175,748.
- The average years of service for our employees is 10 years.
- The longest tenured employee has been with us for 42 years. (Brad, our Operations Manager!)
- 16% of our employees (9 out of 57) have been employed with us for over 20 years.
- 39% of our employees (22 out of 57) have been employed with us for over 10 years.
Love this post? Click here to go behind the scenes with us!